In this chapter you have read about the land and people of Mexico. Two important pre-Columbian civilizations developed in Mexico—the Aztec and the Maya. They both demonstrated advances in architecture, the arts, and science.
Destination Title: Ancient Mexico
Note: Clicking on the link above will launch a new browser window.
Need help using your browser for this activity? Click here for tips.
Start at the Ancient Mexico Web site.
- Click on the small box titled "The Map" at the bottom of the screen, and then click on the label Tenochtitlan.
- Examine the map, and then scroll down and click on the heading Tenochtitlan. Read the information.
- Return to the main screen and click on the small box titled "The Documents."
- Click on and read A Letter from Cortés to the King of Spain.
- Use what you have learned to answer the following questions.