In this chapter you have read about World War I. Using new technology the military developed submarines, flame throwers, tanks, improved machine guns, poison gas, and other weapons. The airplane had been invented earlier in the century. Now military leaders found it useful in war. In this activity you will take a closer look at two of the most famous "ace" pilots during World War I.
Destination Title: The Aerodrome
Note: Clicking on the link above will launch a new browser window.
Need help using your browser for this activity? Click here for tips.
Start at the Aerodrome home page.
- Click on Aces.
- Then click on Aces By Nationality.
- Now click on United States.
- Click on and read about Edward Rickenbacker.
- Then click back and select Germany.
- Click on and read about Manfred von Richthofen.
After you have read about these two aces answer the following questions.