Chapter 11: Cash Control and Banking Activities
Chapter 11 Study Plan
Chapter 11, Section 1, Banking Procedures
Chapter 11, Section 2, Reconciling the Bank Account
Extend: A Matter of Ethics
Chapter 11: Pocketing Differences, p. 263
- Theft by employees is one of the most serious problems
facing businesses today.
- Using your favorite search engine, research the
topic of employee theft. Try using search terms like "stealing cash from employers"
and "employee theft."
- Find recent annual estimates of how much employees
steal from American businesses.
- Write a summary of your findings. Address the following
- What do employees steal?
- Why do employees steal?
- How can employers prevent employee theft?