||Glencoe Accounting: Real-World Applications and Connections, First-Year Course
|Guerrieri, Haber, Hoyt, and Turner
NOW WITH NEW AND ENHANCED ETHICS COVERAGE!
Student Edition 0-07-845670-3
Teacher Wraparound Edition 0-07-846097-2
Teacher Classroom Resources 0-07-846129-4
- Peachtree Complete® Accounting software and applications, used in over 500,000 businesses, is integrated at the point of instruction throughout the Student Edition and Working Papers.
- New! A new chapter featuring the critical topic of ethics in accounting prepares students for both personal and business ethical dilemmas and provides opportunities for them to explore their own ethical decision-making process.
- Source documents integrated throughout the text provide a real-world approach to accounting.
- Glencoe Accounting Web site (glencoeaccounting.glencoe.com) provides extensive opportunities to review, reinforce, and supplement students’ learning.
- New! Power Reading Strategies are included with each unit opening. Students improve their reading skills by predicting what each section will be about, connecting subject matter with their own lives.
- Business Transaction Analysis Model simplifies the critical thinking processes for students each time they learn to record a new transaction.
- New! Using QuickBooks Pro 2001 with Glencoe Accounting allows students to complete problems using QuickBooks Pro 2001. Real-world software applications help them improve their employability, their real-world software skills, and their success in higher education pursuits.
- New! Flexible covering of Adjusting Entries for a Service Business provides more students with more of the how and when adjusting entries are made. You may address adjusting entries at the point in the course where it is most beneficial.
- New! Using the Numeric Keyboard will become a daily part of your students’ study of accounting practices and procedures. Drills, strategies, and reinforcement of important keyboarding skills are included.
- 28 real-world businesses, one for each chapter, connect chapter accounting concepts and procedures to today’s business world.
- Transaction Analysis Model is presented for each new accounting task and transaction, to help your students learn how to analyze and record business transactions as they strengthen their critical-thinking skills.
- Source Documents drive the content. Hundreds of examples of source documents are included in the text. Selected end-of-chapter problems and the six mini-practice sets have source documents in the Chapter Reviews and Working Papers.
- Workplace Connections activities allow students to apply chapter content to their own work environments.
- Analyzing Financial Reports brings accounting to life as students analyze portions of Ben & Jerry’s Homemade, Inc. financial statements (included in the textbook appendix).
- You and the World of Accounting
- The World of Business and Accounting
- Business Transactions and the Accounting Equation
- Transactions That Affect Assets, Liabilities, and Owner’s Equity
- Transactions That Affect Revenue, Expenses, and Withdrawals
- Recording Transactions in a General Journal
- Posting Journal Entries to General Ledger Accounts
- The Six-Column Worksheet
- Financial Statements for a Sole Proprietorship
- Completing the Accounting Cycle for a Sole Proprietorship
- Cash Control and Banking Activities
- Payroll Accounting
- Payroll Liabilities and Tax Records
- Accounting for Sales and Cash Receipts
- Accounting for Purchases and Cash Payments
- Special Journals: Sales and Cash Receipts
- Special Journals: Purchases and Cash Receipts
- Adjustments and the Ten-Column Work Sheet
- Financial Statements for a Corporation
- Completing the Accounting Cycle for a Merchandising Corporation
- Accounting for Publicly Held Corporations
- Cash Funds
- Plant Assets and Depreciation
- Uncollectible Accounts Receivable
- Notes Payable and Receivable
- Introduction to Partnerships
- Financial Statements and Liquidation of a Partnership
Student EditionWorking Papers, Chapters 1-29Working Papers, Chapters 1-13Working Papers, Chapters 14-29Accounting PortfolioSchool-to-Work Handbook
Adventure Travels*Adventure Travels Teacher ManualOuter Banks Marketplace, Inc.*Outer Banks Marketplace, Inc. Teacher ManualDigital Express*Digital Express Teacher Manual
Teacher Wraparound Edition*Working Papers, Chapters 1-29, Teacher Annotated EditionInteractive Lesson PlannerTeacher Classroom Resources*Lesson Plans*Block Scheduling*Demonstration Problems*School-to-Work Handbook, Teacher Manual*Accounting Portfolio, Teacher Manual*Strategies for Teaching Ethics in Accounting*Accounting Competitive Events Review*Strategies for Teaching International Accounting*Math Review for Accounting*Internet Resources and Activities Handbook*Spanish Language Resources
Electronic Learning Center Teacher Software/Multimedia Package with User GuideElectronic Learning Center Teacher Upgrade PackageTeaching and Solutions TransparenciesPowerPoint® Presentations CD-ROMElectronic Field Trips in AccountingPoster PackageUsing Quickbooks Pro 2001 with Glencoe Accounting
Software and Tutorial Videos
Electronic Learning Center Student PackageGlencoe Accounting Peachtree Template Student CD-ROMPeachtree® Demo
Performance Assessment Package*Audit Tests*Chapter Tests*Chapter Quizzes*Unit TestsCertification of Achievement (25 pack)
*Included in the Teacher Classroom Resources
System Requirements for all Software
IBM PC-compatible with a Pentium Processor, 166 MHz or higher, Microsoft Windows 95B, Windows 98 2nd edition, Windows NT4.0, Windows 2000 Professional, and Windows XP Professional. 64 MB RAM minimum, 128 MB recommended, 250 MB free hard disk space (Peachtree® minimum is 150 MB). VGA monitor: 800 x 600 resolution with 16-bit colors (or higher) is recommended (using Small Fonts in Your Windows Control Panel Display Settings). 4x minimum CD-ROM drive. Sound card and speakers. Keyboard. Printer supported by chosen Windows release. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 or later version. Excel or Excel-compatible spreadsheet program. (Optional) LCD panel and screen for whole-class instruction.