Group Activity Cards
Use groups of 2.
Materials: Grid paper, scissors, colored pencils
Cut out two 10 × 10 grids from grid paper.
Each partner uses the clues given below to find the pattern of shaded squares.
- 44% of the squares are not shaded.
- The following rows each contain 20% shaded squares: 1 and 10.
- The following columns each contain 20% shaded squares: 1 and 10.
- Each of rows 2, 3, and 4 have 20% more shaded squares than the previous row.
- 80% of the squares in columns 5 and 6 are shaded.
- 44% of the squares in rows 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 are not shaded.
- 28% of the squares are shaded and share a common side with four other shaded squares.
- Each of columns 7 through 10 have 20% more unshaded squares than the previous column.
- 12% of the squares are shaded and share a common side with two unshaded squares.