Group Activity Cards
groups of 2.
Materials: Grid paper, scissors, colored pencils
The Squares Go Where?
Cut out two grids like the one shown below.
Each partner uses the clues given below to find the pattern by shading squares.
- The bottom row has no shaded squares.
- % of the squares are shaded.
- 50% of a row with any shaded squares has shaded squares.
- % of the squares in each column are not shaded.
- % of the rows have no shaded squares.
- 50% of the columns have a shaded square at the top.
- 80% of the shaded squares touch more than one corner of another shaded square.
- 0% of the shaded squares share a common side.