| Chapter 14: Citizenship
and Equal Justice
"Becoming a U.S. Citizen"
In this chapter you have learned about the United States's
immigration policy as well as the requirements for becoming
a U.S. citizen. In this activity you will visit the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services Web site to more closely examine
Destination Title: Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
Note: Clicking on the link above
will launch a new browser window.
Need help using your browser for this activity? Click
here for tips.
Start at the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services Web site.
- Click on the Guide to Naturalization
- Scroll down to Section 2, "What Are the Benefits and Responsibilities of Citizenship?" (page 3 of PDF).
- Use the "back" arrow to return
to the first screen.
- Click on the Eligibility and Testing
link on the left side of the screen. From this page, click
on the General Naturalization Requirements.
- Take notes as you explore these
After you have read through the
information, answer the following questions.