Writer's Workspace supports intervention to help struggling students develop their language skills to be effective communicators. Supportive tools and scaffolding help teachers provide intervention support when necessary. The specific needs of the approaching learner are targeted, ensuring that all students reach their goal.
- Guided skill instruction in the Student eBook helps guide students in writing, processing, and understanding the assignment.
- Speaking and Listening activities are designed for all levels. They are especially important for ELL and lower level readers, who need strategies for active listening, group discussion, and presenting.
- The Teacher Guides give teachers the activities they need to reach each student at his or her level
- Leveled Activities throughout the Reading-Writing Teacher Guides offer options for approaching level instruction to help meet the needs of students.
- Differentiated Instruction Activities provide alternate instruction for students at specified levels.
- eBook Teacher Editions provide alternate suggestions for differentiating instruction.
- Interactive Reading Activities contain selections, guided reading strategies, and places for students to mark up text and write answers. Activities include interactive exercises on literary elements, vocabulary, and writing. The Orange level text is appropriate for Approaching level students in need of further intervention. The orange level can be used in lieu of the initial Interactive Reading activity found in Step 1 for approaching level students.
- Audio Support provides on-screen audio for eBook and Interactive Reading activities. Audio supports students with comprehending text and connecting sounds to printed text.
- Student Blackline Masters in the Teacher eBook supporting intervention include:
- Composition Reteaching
- Grammar Reteaching
- Listening and Speaking Activities